Columbus State University strives for its students have opportunities to become globally competent. Students must have the knowledge, cultural self-awareness, and adaptability to function effectively in an interconnected world. It is through the study of other cultures and by studying, working, and living with diverse peoples that CSU students will be prepared for working in business, government or education, and contributing to their communities, all of which are globally interrelated.
The Center's campus internationalization strategy is to provide students with international education learning experiences by:
- infusing international perspectives as broadly as possible across the curricula;
- promoting and assisting international faculty development;
- providing a broad range of quality study abroad programs;
- ensuring international students receive vital support and services;
- encouraging international students to participate in campus internationalization activities;
- supporting visiting and exchange scholars who will share their different perspectives and knowledge with CSU faculty and students;
- and stimulating general campus and community awareness of international issues and other cultures.